I am involved in a small but great organisation. I've been secretary of this little organisation for about 5 years now. No, I will not be secretary next year. (Well that is one New Year's Resolution made.)
This little organisation is a multi arts organisation. It supports visual artists, literary artists, and performing artists. Like all organisations it needs to raise revenues for its survival and to fulfil the reasons why it was formed. One of those ways is by organising events.
3 years ago, we were approached to incorporate a section for the music and singers and so the Youth Music awards came into being. This is a separate event with a separate organising body but one that is encouraging to support and we are starting to see a growth in this area. It is for school students only. Now to try and do something for the adults.
Also, 3 years ago we decided to spread our wings and support our literary members with an Anthology of short stories. Last year and this year we have expanded the anthology to include poets. No, I am not involved with this endeavour either.
- Keeping house (Washing, vacuuming etc)
- paid employment (7.20am - 3.50am Monday to Friday)
- writing, editing, researching, typing,
- maintaining website and Facebook page (kinda)
- secretary to organisation
- Writers festival organiser
- and let's not forget doting grandmother, dutiful daughter, and obliging mother.